Thursday, April 2, 2009

If only...


I have nothing but good things to say about this book cover.  Not only is the topic of writing interesting to me, but the cover is just fantastic.  The symbology and idea behind this imagery are incredibly deep and meaning full, but also so well executed.  I can just imagine the thought process of the designer, and it absolutely makes me jealous.  This is the type of work that I wish I had thought of. I think the execute is brilliant, they use a small subtle gradient to create depth in the skies holding up some flat imagery.  The text is so well placed in the center, drawing the attention that sort of a statement deserves, and the equal divisions of space by the text and imagery creates for a very sturdy, calm, and strong competition.  You truly do get a sense of a still lake that reflects that statement instead of the what the actual imagery is like you would expect to see.  This is so short simply because I just can't find any small thing to bitch about for three paragraphs.  I love it.. 

1 comment: